Pages

Don't blink. You'll miss it.

The Long Awaited Friday Part Deux

I have been neglecting you, dear readers, much like Michael Vick Neglected to get sound proofing around his dog fighting ring. I love this picture by the way:

It is almost Friday as I write this, probably Friday when you read this, so I will be brief and summarize the rest of the weekend so I can get on to more fun posts.

After my chat with Officer Jerry, I drove home, got my licence (which I coincidentally lost last night- but that is another story...) and went down to the beach and played with Duff. More like I watched Duff play and talked hysterically to friends about what had just happened and how absurd I am for arguing with a cop. Then I ran into Nate Arnold's parents down there.... that was awkward, kind of, but I played it off well- and also took on Ace, Nate's puppy as a new test dog for my ever expanding non-business of training other people's dogs- simply to see if I can do it. Turns out when you get paid to do these things they are much more interesting. I am not being paid at the moment for anything I do but it is a learning process.

So after many a conversation and waaaay too long at the beach- I left at like 8pm, I went over to Bren's were we proceeded to chill, admire and make fun of his roommates absurd garden while playing Beirut waiting for Ian to get back from his date. His roommate Scott has about 10 different varieties of Tomatoes, Crops (i.e corn- some of it is inedible), and some other Herby things. I was impressed- probably more than I should have been. Also met Scott's girlfriend who is very cute and sweet and a classics major like me! I knew there was another one out there somewhere!!!

So said highlight of night, besides Kyle and I dominating on the Beirut table, which is extremely odd for me- because I lack the precision skills required for that kind of game. I normally overshoot, but I must have been at the perfect level of intoxicated to gauge back the shot just enough to keep nailing them. Anyway, Kyle and I had a streak for a while.

After 'ruit we went to what I am going to now consider the best bar ever, solely because of this one factor: The beers come in monstrous Oktoberfest sized steins and cost $5.00 for all that. And that's like a quart of Mac and Jacks too- not like PBR. I imagine the PBR is only like 2.50 for something that size. It was amazing! I now am going to hang out there all the time. It is also walking distance from Bren and Andrew's and I can claim a couch. It is right around the corner from the Lockspot- where the Captains from Deadliest Catch hangout, and I imagine this place is frequented by them too, it is called Sloop i think-- you know, like a sailing vessel.

So highlight one of night- the enormity of the discovery of HUGE beverages. Highlight number 2 was a round of trivial pursuit that was so vigorous Tom, my partner (i think) passed out in a chair- but that's just because we were handily beating everyone....

By the way, the New Trivial Pursuit has nothing on the 70's version I have come to love where the entertainment questions all revolve around the Tv Show Gunsmoke starring Burt Reynolds. The pieces in the new game are translucent which was a poor move. I thought I had decent eyesight until I started playing this game- brown and red pieces look the same. Basically I give it the 'Frown face of Doom' on the Alan-o-trameter of Fun- which is the penultimate source on the Fun Scale, closely following the CIA Secret World News Fun Scale of Not-So-Fun Countries- which rates "funness" by equating it with the current socio-political economic state of that nation. In terms of the CIA SWNFS of NSFC - The DPRC is not the bottom of the list; that honor belongs to the Beautiful but French owned nation of Wallis and Futuna. Not only is it French!, but well yeah- if it wasn't for the French laws, "when applicable" it would be a pretty nice paradise. Pacific island atoll with fishies and wild pua'a galore to feast on with some taro. Maybe I'll move there. Anyway, The 'Frown Face of Doom' on the Alan-o-trameter is not as bad as the 'Look of disgust most vile' but definitely not in the
"smile of shoveling sunshine' category. So all in all the New Trivial Pursuit is not necessarily worth playing, and that is saying a lot, because I love challenges of knowledge- guess I will have to settle for bar trivia night.

SATURDAY:

Woke up and went to this awesome little bakery called Besalu and got some tasty pastries. Turns out this is actually the name of a town in Spain in the Garrotxa region. That was twice in as many days as i have heard or seen the word Garrotxa. I don't think I ever knew a place existed called Garrotxa- I bought some cheese from the Cheesemonger that was from Garrotxa, and after looking at a postcard in the bakery, man I want to go- It looked absolutely gorgeous- but I think It deserves its own post, which I will get to maybe tomorrow. So I'll just give you a little taste with this picture:

So I was in the shower and I slipped and fell and banged my head. no biggy, didn't concuss myself- I don't think, but I started to feel really nauseous all of a sudden after that, so Tom Trzyna and Justin were nice enough to come pick me up and I was an honorary member of the Trzyna family for the day.- because my parents wanted someone to watch me and make sure I didn't die. We had Tea for Martha's Birthday and then we went to Ray's Boathouse, which is also were Jake works. I asked the waiter if he was working-in hopes we could score some free calamari, but he must have been upstairs.

Anyway, I had the King Crab Legs simply because I was curious. It was good- but well, I don't think I like it very much- I'll stick with my Dungeness. Part of the problem may have been that the water it was cooked in was heavily salted and it was just too much ocean water flavor for me to handle. But the claw meat was excellent. I need a post about the dungeness vs. king crab. yet another post for the future. So many ideas, but my laziness gland is in overdrive at the moment....

Subscribe